STAT! Soroptimists Together Against Trafficking
Eradicate all forms of human trafficking in San Diego County.
– to advocate for and support victims and survivors,
– engage in prevention and awareness efforts
– and support our community partners in these endeavors.
STAT! was formed in 2011 in response to Soroptimist members’ desire to get involved in the fight against human trafficking in San Diego. We chose the acronym STAT! (with an exclamation mark) to emphasize the urgent need to protect women and girls from human traffickers.
STAT! is made up of members from Soroptimist clubs from around the county. Working together allows us to combine our efforts and make a larger impact.
Our focus areas are public awareness and education, and victim/survivor support. STAT! is well know in the San Diego anti-human trafficking community and we are often called upon to support the efforts of victims services providers and awareness campaigns.
Current STAT! Clubs
These clubs are regularly represented at monthly STAT! meetings and their members actively support the work STAT! is accomplishing.
- Soroptimist International of Alpine
- Soroptimist International of La Jolla
- Soroptimist International of La Mesa
- Soroptimist International of Mission Valley
- Soroptimist International of North San Diego
- Soroptimist International of Oceanside-Carlsbad
- Soroptimist International of Poway
- Soroptimist International of San Diego
- Soroptimist International of Valley de Oro
- Soroptimist International of Vista and North County Inland
The first step in prevention is awareness. Since our founding in 2011, public awareness about sex trafficking in San Diego is increased dramatically. STAT! has played a significant role in that improvement but there is still a long way to go.
Protection and Recovery
STAT! executes projects that support victims in a variety of ways. From financial support for college or training, to hands-on projects to help local service providers, we have already accomplished a lot and look forward to doing even more.
San Diego was one of the first counties to establish a multi-disciplinary team to address the issues Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) and Human Trafficking. STAT! is pleased to be one of the founding members of the Community Committee of the San Diego Regional Advisory Council on Human Trafficking.